viernes, 23 de julio de 2010

Working In Pichanal
















Last weekend a group of 34 of the church from salta headed up north to a little town called Pichanal which is quite a under developed town. we worked in the church with their youth and we had a great time!! We fixed the roof, fixed their really dodgey electricty, cleaned and painted. During the weekend we had kids clubs and I was teaching about mission and trying to encourage them that mission isn´t about travelling to another country but that you can do it in your own community! we all had a really great time although it was FREEZING!!!!! Really not funny!! I brought my sleeping bag and when I read the bottom it said from 1 degree until -6 dangerous! opps!!The weekend was great but also really challenging. Speaking in spanish 24/7 is harder than I thought. I´m loving it but its very difficult! It was amazing to see how another church functions but also quite sad to see how shy everyone was. The pastor, the main figure of the Church was so shy! no wonder people didn´t turn up to the meetings but the weekend we were able to teach them things and we learned from them. It was the first time the young people had ever went on mission in a big group and they really gained from it. I´m kinda worried about the leaders as the don´t seem very united and I know its a huge challenge for the group. I really hope they are able to forgive and learn from eachother. Please pray for this! Many thanks!

No hay comentarios: