viernes, 13 de marzo de 2009

Coming to a close







Hey Everyone!
I hope everything is well with you all in Northern Ireland! As the last 3 weeks are quickly passing before my eyes, I find myself at the most busy time of my trip so far! Hard to believe really that i´ll soon be packing my bags for Buenos Aires as it seems like yesterday when I arrived here in Salta!


So much has happened in the last 8 months of my life here in Argentina as you´ve been reading through my updates. As Naomi prepares for her journey home this Sunday, we are preparing the Farewell parties. What we had arranged was a surprise party until the Pastor announced it infront of the whole Church, oh well, it makes it easier to prepare. Also we are having an “Irish Night” on Saturday for the women just to say their last goodbyes to Naomi. This week we will be visiting people and having dinner with them which should be really good fun. Apart from the dinning and surprise parties, we are managing to work. Don´t worry!

In my last update, you may of read about the Natural Disaster in a town called Tartagal in the province of Salta, about 4 hours away from Salta City. The town was destroyed by an unexpected mudslide due to the excess rain which Tartagal had experienced. Aid wasn´t able to reach the victims, as the only enterance to the town was the bridge which was hit. Lives where taken, everyone was evacuated from their homes and many livelyhoods where lost. Where is the light in this situation some people may ask?

This morning we packed 12 boxes of brand new shoes which a local factory had donated to the cause, which thankfully will reach the people of Tartagal on Friday evening. The donations of clothes, food and shelters that have came to the Church has been amazing. In such a horrible situation, i´m glad to be able to say that there is light once again. It was very serial being part of an “Aid Distrubition” process. It´s reassuring that when you give to charity to be able to say, I know that it arrived where it needed it most. Thank you for all your prayers about the situation in Tartagal.

Thankfully my English classes are still up and running and are going very well. This has been a really blessing throughout my time here in Salta. The progress which I have seen through my students has been totally amazing and it will be hard to say goodbye. I will still continue to teach my students for the last 3 weeks and when I am home in Ireland. Please pray for this as it will not be easy, although with some determince and some hard work on their behalf, I have faith that they will continue to learn.

I think leaving here will be a very difficult step of faith. Leaving my friends behind, a culture which I have grown to love and a Church with so much potential. Sounds like home! I have done that journey once and I know that I will have the strength to face it again. I´m really looking forward to seeing you all again and being able to share some of my 10,000 photos that i´ve managed to snap!

See you all soon,
God Bless,
Megan from Argentina

No hay comentarios: