martes, 6 de enero de 2009

The 3 kings visit the hospital









On the 6th of January the religious tradition here in South America is that the 3 wise kings come into the city and distribute the presents to the children. As I have been visiting the hospital to talk to the children, we organised an official group that would dedicate time each week. Yesterday a group of us, including myself headed to the wards dressed as the 3 kings with presents. A very emotional day on both behalfs but one day that I will take to the grave with me. As we walked around the wards there was so many little babies and children under three years of age. What thing that strikes me is that the children have such hope. We came across a 14 year girl breast feeding her one year old child who had been admitted for paracites. Its crazy when you think about but she was just so thankful that she had been admitted and given birth in a hospital. The hospital isn´t in great condition by any standards but yesterday just reminded me of Robin Williams in "Patch Adams". Even though those children are suffering so much, a little bit of a joke or a fancy dress can make so much to their day. Its just something I wanted to share with you. In the photos you will see what I am talking about. Megan x

No hay comentarios: