domingo, 28 de diciembre de 2008

Christmas In Arggie!






















I hope you enjoy our photos from Christmas day! Different thats for sure! It was a Christmas I will never forget! Very, Very different from the traditional Christmas at home to be honest! We celebrated the main celebration on the 24th evening with a family meal. We went to Pape´s house and he had cooked chicken, salad, rice and pasta. It really reminded me of New Years Eve which was the only way I can describe it! We all had a count down to 12 oclock and then headed outside to watch the hundreds of fireworks in the sky! they have these things called Globos, basically laterns that they send up into the air. Really beautiful to see and experience! At 2.30 am we went to the Church where we met the youth to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and generally talk about what had happened in their houses for Christmas. On the 25th we headed to the a local river with our left over food and sat and sunbathed which was an experience that I didn´t think I would have on Christmas day! Normally wrapped up in your woolies compared to your bikini and sun cream! In the evening I decided to bake a chocolate cake and the 3 gringas sat down to watch Love Actually! Did I prefer Christmas in Salta? Extremely different! I love the fact here that the children aren´t focused on the present giving but I did miss the Christmas Carols and the rubbish Christmas Tv. Truely an experience I will not forget!

1 comentario:

Clover dijo...

Aw it sounds soo cool and interesting! Certainly missed seeing you this Christmas.
But!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
xxx