lunes, 15 de diciembre de 2008

My Baptism

Last Night I was Baptised in El Redentor church where I am working here in Argentina! It was a very special night for me and one in my journey of faith that I will never forget! There was nine of us being Baptised and they called our class the "children of the 90´s" which always made me laugh! This service was very different anyhow compared to a normal service mainly because they had the roof finished in the new church so it was the first service in the new temple. They began with songs and then began with the girls and finished with the boys. I was very nervous to be honest and forgot to hold me nose as everyone told me after although I never noticed! Also the pastor said a little thing about me but because it was so nervous I didn´t hear it. Apparently he explained what I was doing and that I would take a little bit of the Church here back to Ireland when I return. Particularly it was very special because my english student Luz recieved me out of the water after the baptism. She is a very special person here for me in Argentina and her family. Her husband is called Abraham who I met in Jujuy on my Cruzaders week but unfortunately he couldn´t come as he had to attend his own church as he is a pastor of a local Church. After the baptism we had some food and then the presentation of the certificates. A little girl called Michaela was also being baptised. She is the sister of 9 siblings and one thing we have always noticed with her is that she never smiles, her eyes look so sad. So much worries in such a young girl. Last night was the first time I have ever seen her smile and she said to me, none of my family came but at least I have you´s. It was so special to see her being baptised... she has so much potential. To be honest I don´t think I have ever smiled so much as I did last night. All in all we had such a special evening and although I have been christian for 5 years, my step in faith starts here.

No hay comentarios: