sábado, 7 de agosto de 2010







It´s been a long time since I wrote here but to be honest i´ve been so busy and i´ve not really had the chance! It´s not even funny how cold it is here!! My body is not used to minus temperatures in the morning that soar to 25 degrees in the afternoon and drop again at night! Also the majority of my clothes are summer clothing so you can just imagine!! Good times!! 2 weeks ago it snowed here in Salta! It hasn´t snowed here in 10 years or more so yeah I def think i´ve brought the weather with me! It was really good to see the kids making snow men etc because it was totally a new experience for them! In the houses here, its generally warmer outside than inside because they don´t have any source of heating etc and when I went to look at my sleeping bag, of course it says, minus 2 dangerous! Just my luck I suppose!

I started working again at Uzzi College where I taught English before! It´s surprisingly good to be back again! It´s a private primary school here in Salta. I´m teaching English but the thing that I love the most is that I know the kids from before and it´s great to see how their English has improved in 2 years and how much they´ve grown up! At the moment we are preparing the school play which they have 2. One in English which is 40 minutes long and then another in Spanish about a famous argentine artist. So a lot of my work at the moment is preparing the drama and getting the children to pronounce the words correctly. In the mornings i´m putting the backgrounds of the sets together which keeps me busy!

It´s quite funny because when I walk around the city, it´s very obvious that i´m not argentine. The colour of my skin and my eyes I suppose is a huge give away. But normally I feel like one of the locals but yesterday I did a very touristy thing. I went on the city tour to hear a little history with a lady who is visiting from South Africa. It was really good but sadly I had to spend the 4 hours translating!
I´m really having a great time but of course with everything comes the tough times too! Trust me it´s not all roses here but the good times def out weigh the bad! Its hard to believe that I will be home in 4 weeks time! Next friday i´m travelling to chile for a week and to get there it will take a day!! Good times!! :D

1 comentario:

RamiFede dijo...

todavía estas en argentina?