miércoles, 18 de febrero de 2009

Please pray for my family of FAITH


Hello Everyone!

A wee prayer request but I´m not going to just tell you what it is...

I would like to introduce you to my Argentine Family. In the photo that I have added as an attachment you will see Abraham and Luz, husband and wife and their 4 children. Yes there are four, if you look carefully at the photo you will spot the fourth. We have Abraham Juan, the twins Gisela and Ian and wee Israel.

I met Abraham when I was working for the "Cruzaders" here in Argentina and thankfully he introduced me to his family. Abraham speaks very good english which came as a real blessing when I needed it the most when I first arrived. Now i´m teaching Luz english and thankfully she has came a long way.

Abraham is from Venazuela where he and his family moved just last year to Salta in Argentina to stay with Luz´ family in her family home. Abraham is a pastor from a local baptist church and works full time during the week to make an income for his family. Luz is a part time nurse and full time mum as you can imagine from the photo of her 4 children... all under the age of 7.

Just 2 weeks ago, her mum and dad asked them to leave the family home after many arguements and even threats to the children. Being Christian in a non christian house and living with a drug addict has brought this situation together. They have been searching for a house constantly and sadly nothing has became available. The problem here in Argentina, they do not have estate agents and hearing about a house is all about what contacts you have. Just yesterday they where told they had to leave now... so its just a matter of time. Luz and the children stayed with me today to try stay out of the house and try to protect the children from the atmosphere which they are picking up on.

What has been amazing throughout the whole situation is the amount of FAITH they have had thoughout the whole situation. Sharing with Luz today she said, "I have to have strength in the Lord for my children sake and I know that God will provide for us" and the only thing she now can do with Abraham is pray.

Please keep this family in your prayers throughout the coming weeks.
Many thanks,
Megan xx

No hay comentarios: