viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2008

Reality of the work

To be honest I thought I would give you a better understanding of the work and the history of some of the children. I'm sure by now everyone at home is preparing themselves for Christmas and the arrival of Santa Claus. The child here believe that Santa chooses not to visit them each year... when I heard this it breaks my heart although this is reality. Within the orphanage where I work, the back ground of the children wouldn´t be what they would be like at home. All the children have parents although the families can´t afford to keep the child at home due to living expenses. Its really difficult seeing the families visit and leave and the pain the child goes through after. What I can´t believe, now that its coming close to summer Holidays, (Dec - March) these children will be sent home. Many from abusive families etc and why I ask... the government. It makes me sick, 3 months is an awkful long time and the past few weeks we've noticed the children really unsettled. Only last week I learnt why. The other day when I entered my secondary school where I teach to find there was unsettling news going around that a pupil had smashed a window and self harmed herself. Your probably thinking this is a very morid blog entry. I just think its important to share with you´s that although everything is going so well, some things we come across when we are working is very hard and cruel. This has challenged me deeply and I think while away for what is nearly a year abroad, its important to realise that it has its highs and its lows. Please pray for what you have just read, that the situations will improve, for the safety and safe return of the children back to school. For Christmas, which is a family time of year, that those without the love of the family may have a bit of hope this year. Don´t be upset by this but just take into account that behind a mask can tell a totally different story!

No hay comentarios: