lunes, 20 de octubre de 2008

Some Highlights

Well the question really is, where do I start? I have so many...
  • I'm teaching english classes and being able to see the improvements of the students is really amazing to be honest! Having started with no english and having the motivation to learn is really inspiring. One of my students wants to come to Ireland to share the message of the Bible. Through these classes i've also been able to make good friends which is really class.
  • The young peoples meetings are pretty fun time each week, where they meet up together and share and generally have a bit of a laugh. In the Church, where most of the teenagers find it hard to leave the house without having trouble from the head of the house, so of course this is a time really special.
  • Also, Argentines now how to party! Don´t get the wrong idea but yes they have a day for everything. Day of the pastor, Day of the child, Day of the friend. Everything! Well so of course when it comes to birthdays, they know how to celebrate! We had 2 surprise parties this week and Helen my flat mate ended up getting her face dunked in the cake!
  • The orphanage is def another time in my week which I look forward to. The children just want to play games and have a good time. Being able to share with them has been amazing and hearing about their lives has been a real experience.
  • Oh how can I forget, Naomi, Jo and Helen. My house mates. So many funny times but also being able to be like sisters. Naomi has done so many funny things its hard to even begin to think.

Just generally having a GREAT time here in south america with SAMS. Having learnt so much and theres 5 months still left!! Thinking of you all!! MJ x

No hay comentarios: