martes, 5 de agosto de 2008

Day of the Child- Hora feliz

Well i have now started to get into the swing of working during the week. The second irish team are here at the moment but we haven´t been really working with them. last night i started the one on one english classes which was brilliant! claudio and his son. was a really special time and now he has to say hello etc in english. its funny all i keep getting called now is "my english teacher". I have been working in Uzzi college with the kids doing drama and teaching english. Tomorrow I´m taking the class and teaching them about St Patrick which should be fun! We went out to see the monkeys again, they are a brilliant band! Oh my room mate Naomi is such a laugh! if any bad was going to happen of course it would have to happen to her. Last night she got into a water fight with the bidet (the wee extra thing in the bathroom beside the toilet). All i heard was scream and then she opened the door and she was drenched!!! i rolled around the floor laughing! bless her! Here in Argentina there are kids clubs called "Hora feliz" literally happy hour. probably not the type of one you may be used to. here the children meet together for like 2 hours funnily enough to play and learn about God. This happens every saturday and this saturday is also the day of the child. so of course we´re going all out with a bouncy castle and games. So my task for this week is to make puppets and write a story to go with it!! wish me luck!! i better get to it!! Ciao!! MJ xx

1 comentario:

Clover dijo...

My goodness Megan, have you actually stopped? :P Sounds like you are having the most awesome time ever :D
And time is going really really fast, I can't believe you've been there what nearly 2 months?! Crazy!
I'm enjoying the posts, very Megan-esque i.e. I can sooo tell it is you writing it :) and it's fabulous!
Thankees for the post-card btw :)
Hope you are having much fun.
Missing you.
Clair.x