viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2008

Megan in the middle of the Mountains

Well I returned safe and sound after a 6 day conference to Misa Rumi on the Argentine/Bolivian Boarder. It was quite an experience to be honest! During the main conferences I taught 54 children in total, basically the Happy Hours that I mentioned before. Alot of Games, Songs and teachings which was really great. Although the children where soo shy as its a very traditional place so sometimes it felt like I was doing all the talking...no change there I suppose! One thing I don´t miss being back in the city is seeing your dinner being hunted and chopped up. I had to go with the culture so llama was for dinner all week, although when they said it was intestines stew I opted for the rice. Ok moving on, I experienced my first natural baptism. So about 200 loaded up in 4 dumper trucks and headed down to the river. It was a really class experience! Headed to Bolivia for a day and to be honest wasn´t very impressed. The streets were so dirty and it was sad to see the standard of living in some places. Made loads of new friends and am happy to be home again in Salta. Strange though as Cecy is away and Naomi is with her friend travelling so its nice to have the house to myself for a change. Back to work for now and waiting for Helen to arrive safely! Hope your all well, Megan xx

No hay comentarios: